Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 7

It's hard to believe it's week 7 of the school year. Time is flying (especially the time between now and my due date on November 14th)!  Here's what we are learning about this week in Room 110.

Language Arts:  In Reading, we will start a new unit on Character analysis and making text 
connections. In Writing, we are still working on personal narratives and will look at adding details to our writing.  The students will draw and write a describing paragraph about a monster.  I will then pick 3 of those paragraphs and those students will read their paragraphs to a class in New York via Skype next Monday.  Those students will try to draw their monster by listening to the paragraph.  We will also be listening to 3 students from New York and trying to draw their monsters.  This should be pretty fun! 

Science:  Our magnet unit is in full swing.  The students are brainstorming how to improve our class with magnets and are doing lots of fun inquiry experiments.  We also have a video conference session with a real scientist on Tuesday.  I meant to do this earlier this month, but they did not have any sessions until now.  It will be neat for students to be able to hear a real scientist talk about their job.

Math:  We are finished with story problems and are on to patterns this week.  We will learn about patterns for the next two weeks.

Notes:  I am sending home parent-teacher conference forms tomorrow.  I hope to have all my conferences next or early the first week in November, so I can get them all in before I leave for maternity leave.  I am also looking for volunteers for Pumpkinmania on October 30.  Please mark your calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment